Many colleges and majors offer informational meetings so that you can learn more about their academic program and application process.
- ACE Department
- Chemistry Major
- College of Applied Health Sciences (AHS)
- College of Business (BUS)
- College of Education (EDU)
- College of Engineering (ENG)
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)
- College of Media (MDIA)
- Computer Science
- Geography & GIS
- Global Studies, major or minor
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- School of Social Work
- Secondary Education
- UIC College of Nursing
The ACE Department (Agricultural and Consumer Economics) will host an information session on the ACE Intercollegiate/Intracollegiate Transfer Process (ICT/ICT). Note that attendance is not required to successfully transfer to ACE. APPLICATION: Students wishing to transfer for Fall 2017 semester must submit an application by noon on Friday, March 10th. The application and additional online information is available at the Inter-Intra College Transfer Information Page.
- Tuesday, March 7, 4pm - 4:45pm in 305 Mumford Hall
- Wednesday, March 8, 12pm - 12:45pm in 305 Mumford Hall
ICT meetings are not required to declare the Chemical Engineering major, Chemistry major, or Chemistry minor but are highly encouraged, so groups of students can get together and learn about the different degree programs we offer and serve as a way for students to see that they are on the right track with the courses they have taken or will still need to take. If you have questions about any of the majors/minors in the School of Chemical Sciences you should attend Express Advising to get your questions answered. The Express Advising schedule can be found here.
Students are encouraged to attend an informational meeting before declaring a major. All sessions meet in 114 Huff Hall. The schedule for Spring 2017 includes:
- Tuesday, February 21, 3pm - 4pm
- Tuesday, March 7, 9:30am - 10:30am
- Wednesday, April 12, 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Thursday, April 27, 11am - 12pm
Attendance at an information meeting is not required. All sessions meet in the Business Instructional Facility (BIF) (see rooms below).
- Wednesday, March 1, 2:00pm - 2:50pm in 3039 BIF
- Tuesday, March 7, 4:00pm - 4:50pm in 2005 BIF
- Wednesday, April 5, 2:00pm - 2:50pm in 2017 BIF
- Tuesday, April 11, 4:00pm - 4:50pm in 2011 BIF
Informational meetings for the majors of Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, and Special Education are held all semester while classes are in session:
- Wednesdays, 4-5 PM, 160 Education Building
The College of Engineering will host an information session on the ENGR ICT/IDT process. Students wishing to transfer for the spring 2017 semester must petition and upload the transfer portfolio by November 1. Online information available at our engineering wiki. We are requesting that students RSVP for this session so we know approximate attendance and can have them ask questions in advance. This session will include a short presentation of the ICT process (plus general advice), but will be dedicated more to Q&A and discussion regarding the portfolio (which is due one week after the info session). RSVP form for the ICT info session.
Students intending to transfer into LAS from another college at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign must attend an Information Session before applying online. You can also find this information here: http://www.las.illinois.edu/prospective/intercollegiate/ Upcoming information sessions are
- 10-10:50 a.m. Friday, June 16, in 1002 Lincoln Hall
- 11-11:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 24, in 1002 Lincoln Hall
- 2-2:50 p.m. Friday, Aug. 25, in 1002 Lincoln Hall
- 1-1:50 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 29, in 1022 Lincoln Hall
- 9-9:50 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 30, in 1000 Lincoln Hall
- 5-5:50 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31, in 1090 Lincoln Hall
- 2-2:50 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5, in 1002 Lincoln Hall
- 4-4:50 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7, in 1090 Lincoln Hall
Attendance at an information meeting is encouraged, but not required.The schedule for Fall 2017 includes:
At Computer Science information sessions students can meet with advisors from the CS department to find out how the new transfer process into a CS works, find information out about minoring in CS, find out about CS in Engineering, MATH and CS, STAT and CS, CS+ANTH, CS+ASTR, CS+CHEM, CS+LING, and alternatives ways to become involved within CS.
All information sessions will be held in Davenport 137D (enter from the quad, turn left and go all the way to the end of the hall) and will include information about scholarships available only for majors. The sessions are short, so students should be able to fit them in between classes:
- Monday, January 23, 10:15-10:45
- Thursday, January 26, 2:15-2:45
- Tuesday, February 28, 11:15-11:45
- Friday, March 31, 10:15-10:45
- Monday, April 10, 3:15-3:45
Students are required to attend an informational meeting prior to declaring the major or minor. All sessions meet in the Global Studies Conference Room (703 S. Wright Street, 3rd Floor).
- Wednesday, January 18, 10:30am -11:30am
- Monday, January 23, 2pm - 3pm
- Thursday, February 9, 10:30am -11:30am
- Tuesday, February 28, 1pm - 2pm
- Wednesday, March 8, 2pm - 3pm
- Thursday, March 16, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Wednesday, March 29, 10am – 11am
- Tuesday, April 11, 2pm – 3pm
- Friday, April 21, 1pm – 2pm
Students interested in the Development and Health Certificate should consider attending an information session. All sessions are held in the Global Studies Conference Center, 703 S. Wright Street, 3rd Floor.
- Thursday, January 26, 11am to 11:30am
- Wednesday, February 15, 10:30am to 11am
- Wednesday, March 15, 1:30pm to 2pm
- Wednesday, April 19, 11am to 11:30am
This information can also be found on the following website: https://globalstudies.illinois.edu
Current Illinois undergraduates, in an LAS major, who wish to change their major to MCB (or declare as a second major) must first obtain approval from an MCB advisor before processing the request in the LAS Student Academic Affairs office. To obtain written approval interested students should attend one of the MCB informational meetings offered during a curriculum change period. Current Illinois undergraduates who wish to ICT into the College of LAS and declare MCB as a major, must first attend an LAS information session, apply online and meet with an MCB advisor for approval. To meet with an MCB advisor, prospective ICT students can attend one of our MCB informational meetings or make an individual appointment with an advisor.
For general information on suggested courses to take prior to transferring please refer to our MCB Prospective Student Guide.
- Friday, January 20th, 4-5 PM, 164 A Burrill Hall
- Thursday, January 26th, 10-11 AM, 164 A Burrill Hall
- Friday, January 27th, 4-5 PM, 164 A Burrill Hall
The Psychology Advising Office provides informational meetings for prospective majors throughout the semester. Please utilize the Declaring the Major website for the most up-to-date information on declaration criteria, preparation instructions, meeting times, and the sign-up link. All sessions are held in Room 13 Psychology Building (basement).
- Thursday, January 19, 2017, 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Friday, January 27, 2017, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Monday, March 6, 2017, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Thursday, March 16, 2017, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Friday, April 14, 2017, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2017, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Monday, May 1, 2017, 3:00pm - 4:00pm
The School of Social Work will host a few information sessions on the BSW Intercollegiate Transfer Process. Come learn about the transfer process, application, ideas for completing service hours, and about the Social Work curriculum in this 50 minute presentation. All meetings are the same so interested students need only to attend one session. All sessions will be held in Room 2015 of the Social Work Building located at 1010 W Nevada St.
- Monday, February 13 at 3pm
- Thursday, February 23 at 9am
- Friday, February 24 at 1:30pm
If you are exploring the possibility of getting a bachelor's degree to teach high school English, Math, Science, or Social Science, or if you know you'd like to do so attend a weekly information. Please attend one of these sessions before requesting and individual appointment with Dr. Davis. Students currently applying to the program need not attend. Sessions begin on September 10th and run every Thursday throughout the semester.
- Every Thursday 3:00-4:00 PM Education Building Room 160
If you are interested in majoring or minoring in Spanish, you are encouraged to attend an informational meeting. All Meetings are held in the Foreign Languages Building in the Lucy Ellis Lounge, Room 1080, behind the elevators
The Department of Statistics will be hosting a series of Information Sessions for prospective majors to the Statistics program. Any student looking to add a major, change to a major, or include a dual degree in the Statistics program is highly encouraged to attend.
Meeting times are at 3:00 PM. Dates and locations are as follows:
All prospective students are encouraged to attend a BSN Information Session. Students are able to schedule a 1-on-1 appointment with the admissions counselor only after attending an information session. Advisors, faculty, staff and all those interested are always welcome to attend. Please call 217-333-2507 to RSVP and for the location. All info sessions will be held in room 103 of the nursing campus located at the corner of Wright and Green Street above Panda Express (625 South Wright Street).
BSN Information Sessions:
- Thursday, January 26th, 1:00 PM
- Friday, February 10th, 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, February 21st, 2:00 PM
- Wednesay, Martch 8th, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, March 29th, 12:00 PM
- Monday, April 10th 4:00 PM
- Thursday, April 20th, 2:00 PM
- Thursday, May 4th, 12:00 PM
The Graduate Entry Masters of Science program is specifically designed for individuals with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree who wish to pursue a nursing career. This pre-licensure nursing program is sometimes a better fit for juniors and seniors who are closer to completing their bachelor’s degree than being able to apply to the BSN program. Students are able to schedule a 1-on-1 appointment with the admissions counselor only after attending an information session. Advisors, faculty, staff and all those interested are always welcome to attend. Please call 217-333-2507 to RSVP. All info sessions will be held in room 103 of the nursing campus located at the corner of Wright and Green Street above Panda Express (625 South Wright Street).
GEMS Information Sessions:
- Thursday, January 25th, 10:00 AM
- Monday, February 13th, 3:00 PM
- Thursday, March 16th, 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 18th, 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 12:00 PM