If you're a previous Illinois student interested in returning as a DGS student, begin the re-entry process here.
Am I Eligible?
- You must have completed no more than 4 semesters of full-time enrollment at Illinois (or when combining Illinois enrollment with regular-semester enrollment at other institutions).
- You must have completed no more than 48 hours at Illinois (or when combining your hours at Illinois with your hours at any other school).
- Prepare your application essays:
- Please explain what you have been doing since you left the University of Illinois (education, employment, etc.).
- What are your academic and career objectives? Why have you made these choices?
- If you left Illinois on academic probation or were not permitted to return, what adjustments have you made in your personal, social, or economic situations that have improved your chances for academic success?
- Complete the DGS Re-entry Application when available (see application periods below).
- Submit official transcripts to DGS Re-Entry Processing (Illini Union Bookstore, Floor 5, 807 South Wright Street, Champaign, IL 61820).
- Please note that all holds (such as McKinley Medical Clearance, Financial Aid, Collections, Disciplinary, and Immunization) must be cleared before a reentry application can be officially approved.
Re-Entry Application Deadlines for Division of General Studies
|Summer||February 1 - April 30|
|Fall||March 1 - July 15|
|Spring||October 1 - November 30|
Re-Entry Process for Other Colleges
College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences
College of Applied Health Sciences
College of Business
College of Education
College of Engineering
College of Fine and Applied Arts
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
College of Media
School of Social Work: Contact the School of Social Work at 217-333-2261