Previous Illinois Students
If you're a previous Illinois student interested in returning as a DGS student, you will want to fill out the application when it is open during a timeline listed below. Though not required, you are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the DGS Associate Director for Enrollment Management to learn more about the re-entry process. Please call 217-333-4710 to schedule an appointment.
Click on the commonly asked questions below to find answers!
- You must have completed no more than 4 semesters of full-time enrollment at Illinois (or when combining Illinois enrollment with regular-semester enrollment at other institutions).
- You must have completed no more than 48 hours at Illinois (or when combining your hours at Illinois with your hours at any other school).
- Prepare your application essays:
- Please explain what you have been doing since you left the University of Illinois (education, employment, etc.).
- What are your academic and career objectives? Why have you made these choices?
- If you left Illinois on academic probation or were not permitted to return, what adjustments have you made in your personal, social, or economic situations that have improved your chances for academic success?
- Complete the DGS Re-entry Application when available (see application periods below).
- Submit official transcripts the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Please note that all holds (such as McKinley Medical Clearance, Financial Aid, Collections, Disciplinary, and Immunization) must be cleared before a reentry application can be officially approved.
|Summer||February 1 - April 30|
|Fall||March 1 - July 15|
|Spring||October 1 - November 30|
DGS Re-entry Application
- College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- Gies College of Business
- College of Education
- Grainger College of Engineering
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Media
- School of Social Work: Contact the School of Social Work at 217-333-2261