Previous Illinois Students
If you're a previous Illinois student interested in returning as a DGS student, begin the re-entry process here.
- You must have completed no more than 4 semesters of full-time enrollment at Illinois (or when combining Illinois enrollment with regular-semester enrollment at other institutions).
- You must have completed no more than 48 hours at Illinois (or when combining your hours at Illinois with your hours at any other school).
- Prepare your application essays:
- Please explain what you have been doing since you left the University of Illinois (education, employment, etc.).
- What are your academic and career objectives? Why have you made these choices?
- If you left Illinois on academic probation or were not permitted to return, what adjustments have you made in your personal, social, or economic situations that have improved your chances for academic success?
- Complete the DGS Re-entry Application when available (see application periods below).
- Submit official transcripts to DGS Re-Entry Processing (Illini Union Bookstore, Floor 5, 807 South Wright Street, Champaign, IL 61820).
- Please note that all holds (such as McKinley Medical Clearance, Financial Aid, Collections, Disciplinary, and Immunization) must be cleared before a reentry application can be officially approved.
|Summer||February 1 - April 30|
|Fall||March 1 - July 15|
|Spring||October 1 - November 30|
- College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- Gies College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Media
- School of Social Work: Contact the School of Social Work at 217-333-2261